We want to provide our patients and local stakeholders with an update following the publication of the CQC report.
– The CQC inspected The Osmaston Surgery on the 5th June 2023. They conducted a full inspection of surgery services provided over the last five years. This is a difficult report for us and our whole team, but we worked openly and closely with the CQC when they carried out the inspection and we accept the report findings.
– We are sorry that over the past few years we have not been able to provide services to the high standard patients rightly expect, which is reflected in CQC inspection reports.
– As a new surgery this report has formed a benchmark of the old surgery. We have put in place an improvement plan since taking over in May and we have worked continually to deliver on that during, and since the inspection took place in June. We have already made significant changes since taking over.
– We would like to thank our patients and colleagues in the wider community for their support and patience during this difficult transition.
– Please be assured that our whole team of GPs, advanced care practitioners, paramedics, nurses, pharmacists, auxiliary care staff, administration and reception teams are working tirelessly to maintain clinical services and patient safety to keep our surgery open and to ensure our patients are receiving a high standard of care.
– Since the inspection we have brought in a Quality Assurance Team to review all aspects of the surgery. We have already recruited new clinical, administrative and reception staff and we continue to recruit to build our workforce to provide additional services for our patients. We are actively recruiting a new Practice Manager.
– We are being strongly supported by NHS Derby and Derbyshire Integrated Care Board and colleagues in Derby City North Primary Care Network, which supports local GP practices in this area. The whole surgery team is working hard to make all the changes needed to improve the quality of care and services provided.
– We are also working closely with the CQC following their inspection on the 6th June 2023 and providing regular updates on our progress. We very much recognise that we have much more to do.
– We aim to reinvent and revitalise the Osmaston Surgery. We will ensure over the next few months the surgery meets all regulations and provides the high quality of care our patients deserve and are entitled to.
– We are committed to hearing the voices of our patients and local stakeholders. If you are a patient of our practice, you can raise any questions or concerns through our patient participation group. Please email the surgery for further details.
– Thank you for your patience understanding and support.
The Osmaston Surgery